Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Topping
Servings: 5 • Size: 2 pancakes + cream cheese topping • Old Pts: 5 • Points+: 6 pts
Calories: 231 • Fat: 4 g • Protein: 7 g • Carb: 43 g • Fiber: 2 g • Sugar: 24 g
Sodium: 436 mg
For the cream cheese topping (makes 3/4 cup):
- 2 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese (recommended: Philadelphia)
- 3 tbsp plain fat free yogurt
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fat-free milk
For the pancakes:
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat
- 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup raw sugar (Splenda or Stevia would work)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp fat free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp red paste food coloring (I used Wilton no-taste paste)
- cooking spray
Combine the cream cheese topping ingredients, set aside.
Mix the flours, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
In another dissolve the food coloring with the milk; whisk in egg and vanilla.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients until there are no more dry spots, careful not over mix.
Heat a large non-stick griddle pan on medium-low heat. When hot, lightly spray with oil to coat and pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto the pan.
When the pancake starts to bubble and the edges begin to set, flip the pancakes.Repeat with the remainder of the batter.
To serve, place two pancakes on each plate, then top with about 2 1/2 tbsp of cream cheese topping.
Yields 10 pancakes